Sunday, August 14, 2011

What's Mine Is Mine?

  A story is told of a young father who took his four year old son to McDonald's. The young boy couldn't wait to taste those world famous french fries. As the young boy was eating his meal suddenly, the father reached over and took one of  his son's french fries. The young boy was stunned, and after a pause,  he said to his father,  'Daddy, 'You know these are my french fries!' The father thought a moment,  and then asked, 'Who bought those french fries for you?  The boy replied,  'You did,  Daddy.' The father then asked,  Are you willing to share your fries with me?  The young boy thought a moment,  and then said, 'Sure daddy why don't we share them.  The father was so pleased,  he went back to the counter and bought his son some more french fries  The son asked his father,  'Daddy, why did you buy me more fries'? The father replied, 'When I  knew you were willing to share your fries with me just because you love your Daddy, 'I was so pleased, 'I wanted you to know how much I love you so, I bought you more fries.'
  As a Christian, I think this story, makes the point,  that everything we may have really belongs to God in the first place. We may think we work a job to earn the money to buy the things we have,  I would ask however,  who provided the job and gives you the ability to work the the job to earn the money in the first place? Finally, I have found,  the more I am willing to share what God has given to me, the more God is then, willing to give to me. As Always, my friends, these thoughts remain, just some words to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment