Monday, August 22, 2011

Real Class In Politics Is It Possible?

  When I was a young man,  my mother told me  to be careful  with the words I use, especially when dealing with others. I find that is still good advice today. Another thing I learned from my parents is,  that all people have worth. My mother always said,  even if people do foolish things,  don't call anyone a fool. When I asked my mother why she felt this way, she told me that all mankind is created in God's image. I concluded then, that if I call someone a fool, in one sense at least, I was calling God a fool! My mother said,  that only God has the right to decide if someone is a fool. The point I am making, is simply this, be careful of the words or phases you use when you describe others. They can always use the same words to describe you.
  Today, as I watched the news,  I heard  Maxine Waters, a member of Congress,  and an out spoken member of the Black Caucus, express her opinion  of the Tea Party. I must say, she expressed herself so eloquently. I could tell,  rubbing shoulders with President Obama has had a very positive influence on Congresswoman Waters. Let's see... I believe her exact quote was, 'The Tea Party could go straight to Hell!' My goodness!  She must have stayed up all night to come up with  a statement so eloquent, and so befitting a woman of her political standing!
  To tell you the truth, if I were asked my opinion, of Congresswoman Waters, I'd have to say this.Each time she opens her mouth she reminds me of a cartoon I used to watch in the seventies called, Fat Albert as one of Fat Albert's friends used to say, 'Man, when you talk,  your like a kid out of school,  no class! As always, my friends, these thoughts remain, just some words, to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment