Friday, August 26, 2011

All Hail King Obama!

  It seems to me, if I remember correctly, one of the reasons America was founded,  was because we the people decided,  we no longer wanted to be under the rule of  King George The Third of England I believe we fought a Revolutionary War to gain our Independence  from England, and the last time I checked, we won! In America,  instead of a King,  we have a representative government, that is composed of three separate but equal branches Now, as I recall, these three branches are the Present, the Congress, made up of  the House Of  Representatives and the Senate, and a third branch called, the Judicial branch that is made up of the nine judges of  the Supreme Court.  I'm sorry if  this crash course in American history is a little boring to some, however I gave this lesson , to make this point, when I went to school I was taught that the Congress made and passed the bills that become law only after the President signs the bills congress votes on. I believe that's the way I heard it , when I was in school.
  Perhaps then you could explain something to me. Last year the Congress failed to pass The Dream Act. This legislation would have given illegal residents here in America a path to citizenship basically, this is another form of amnesty. It seems, the president has found another way to provide a form of amnesty for our illegal residents be simply telling  our Immigration  officials who they can,  and who they can't deport. I noticed,   the President did not bother to go through Congress to get this change in policy approved. I guess the President felt it wasn't necessary. In  May however,  the President said he could do nothing,  without the approval of Congress. It seems then,  our President only needs Congress when he can blame them for not passing some particular policy or program he may want. The President has already stated,  that if  Congress fails to pass his jobs plan he will blame them and they will be the reason unemployment  remains above nine percent. The President will then use Congress as a shield  to benefit his chances for reelection in 2012. It seems to me,  the President can't ignore  Congress one minute,  and then use them as a  whipping boy the next minute. As I see it, if,  the President wants to be a king then,  as his subject, I lay the failure of  his economic policies and frankly,  failed  leadership solely, at his feet! As always my friends these thoughts remain, just some words, to think on.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment