Monday, August 8, 2011

Just Put It On My Credit Card.

  I recently applied for a credit card over the phone. I received an application in the mail that said I was already approved  I knew my credit score was as high as it could be I had perfect credit, this will be easy right? Wrong! I had to give the person on the phone my whole life story. I had to tell them our total house hold income, I had to tell them how much my mortgage payment was each month I had to assure the person on the phone that I had never defaulted on any loan at any time. I finally asked the lady why she was asking me so many questions after all the letter said they had already approved me. The lady said," Oh yes sir you have met all of our qualifications, but we have to ask you these questions to make sure you satisfy the governments qualifications" The government wants to be sure I can make my credit card payments before the credit card folks at the bank will issue the card to me?  The lady finally said they will mail me their decision in thirty days. I'm so glad I had already been approved imagine how long I might have had to wait if I wasn't! Well, three days later I received my card
  I have some questions I'd like to ask our government. First, how come you want to be assured I will pay my debt, but you get upset when your creditors down grade you because they're not sure your going to pay yours? Secondly, now that the government's credit card has been downgraded, why does the interest rate on my credit cards automatically have to go up? I fully expect credit card interest rates to rise. Finally, I wonder how many future generations it will take to pay off our governments current debt? I saw a  calculation that said if we did not add another dime to our present debt and used every bit of income that comes in we might pay our 14 trillion debt off in about 700 years! If, this is a true, then it would take about 35 future generations if you count a generation as 20 years wow! You must understand, that's if our government stops spending right now,  and uses  all the governments income to pay the current debt  and we know that's not going to happen! I wonder,  if the day will come,  when all of America's creditors  suddenly attempt to collect on all of America's outstanding loans. I guess the result would be that the world would foreclose on America. I pray that day never comes, but whose to say it won't. As always, my friends,   these thoughts remain, just some words to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment