Wednesday, August 24, 2011

What Happens, When The Government Comes For Your Children?

  There's an old joke that ask the question, Is the world's greatest problem ignorance, or apathy? The reply is usually, Frankly, I don't know and don't care. When you first hear that joke, it sounds pretty funny. I would caution you however, think again. When it comes to my children,  government involvement in  their lives matters a great deal to me.
  Recently I heard on the news. about a mother that was charged  with  misdemeanor child abuse, because she made her boy drink hot sauce because the boy used foul language. In another case a mother was reported to Child Protective Services by the teachers at her daughters school , because the mother cut the daughters hair so much it looked like a buzz cut. The mother says, that her daughters hair was all she cared about so, when she became disrespectful to her she cut the daughter's hair hoping that would teach  the daughter to respect her. Let me make this clear right now, I am not advocating child abuse in any form. I think in these two cases the parents went a bit too far. I will say this however, I see nothing wrong with giving a smart  mouthed  kid, a smack in the mouth! I received a few of those when I  mouthed off to my parents, and  I deserved it! I received my share of whippings and as far as I can tell, it did not warp my fragile personality!
  Look, today,  the government steps in a parents home to keep a child from being abused and they should do that. Suppose however,  the government decides they don't like the the Christian values you as a parent are teaching your children? Suppose, the government should decide, they want your children to only go to state funded schools? suppose one day,  the government decides you and your family can only go to the state churches they sanction? Let me ask you something? Should you,  as a parent decide not to comply with the government's new rules,  what will you do when they come for your children? Think of it this way, today government steps into a family home to prevent child abuse, tomorrow, the government comes into a parent's  home to take your children, to prevent what they will call intellectual or mind abuse. The government will decide,   that they should teach your children what they should know. The government will say,  that as Christian parents, that your Christian teachings are corrupting your children's impressionable young minds and that's the governments job!  Parents, let me ask you again. What happens when the government comes for your children? I pray that is a question, I never have to know the answer to but,  that day may indeed, come. Parents, are you ready? As always, my friends, these thoughts remain, just some words, to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment