Saturday, August 6, 2011

Everything Is Free In America Right?

 I really love living in America,  not only is it the land of the free now everything is free. Now a cell phone is one of our civil rights,  if you live in Pennsylvania. It seems that Lifeline Phone Service has decided that  if you're on welfare along with your food stamps and section eight housing,   you have a civil right to have a free cell phone with 250 free minutes a month all paid for by the taxpayers of the great  state of Pennsylvania.I thought maybe There should be some added civil rights as well. Why not give those on welfare a  free new car and  new clothes,   just give an extra 200 a month to buy new clothes. While we're at it  let's  give those on welfare  at least 300 a month to make their payments on their new car all furnished at tax payer expense of course that's the new American way! Hey! I know, let's give everybody on welfare their own free credit card with a 500 a moth limit. I'm sure tax payers won't mind paying for that either.
  All right now, let's get real. America just had her credit down graded. and if we keep giving everything away for free, soon no one will be free. America has chosen to  for get the basic economic truth that there is no such thing as a free lunch. America is now having the rest the world eat their lunch! How long can this careless endless spending continue? I don't know but, I do no this if America doesn't wake up and soon. there will be no lunch for anyone. As always my friends, these thoughts remain, just some words to think on.

1 comment:

  1. Jon, funny this should be your topic. Darby, my daughter, and I were at Walmart yesterday to buy some groceries. Since we needed things from one side to the other we were there about two hours. About the time we were checking out the store was absolutely packed. I commented to Darby about the crowds and pondered why in the world Walmart would have such a rush at 3:30 on a Friday. The cashier twice charged me for an expensive item and I had to go to Customer Service to get my money back. Customer Service happens to be right next to the bank. There was a line coming out of the bank when we entered Customer Service, we were the only customers in customers in Customer Service and so we were out in less than 3 minutes. When we exited the Customer Service area, and I AM NOT exagerating, the line for the bank was all the way down almost to the doors of the WalMart store. That is when it hit me. It is the beginning of the month and the mail just ran; Welfare checks. Astounding! These people can hightail it to Walmart to cash their checks and spend them in record time as soon as the mail runs, but they can't go out and fill out applications? Hey, while you are waiting in line at the bank, you pass the computers that you use to fill out an application for a job at WalMart, use one. I mean, if you can make it out that fast to cash that check, get a job! It upset me a great deal.

    ReplyDelete