Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Some Things. Aren't Worth Splitting Hairs Over.

  I lost my father to cancer, three years ago. I miss him, and think of him often. I heard a story in the news recently, that made me, rather sad. It seems that a six year old was suspended, from school  because his hair was too long. The mother said,  the boy was growing his hair so he could eventually, donate it to a charity called, Locks Of Love . This charity takes human hair made makes hair pieces for kids with cancer. It seems to me,  if this is true, the school could make an exception until the hair donation can be made.
  There are so many more important issues facing our schools today, this child, is only six, and probably thought he was doing something to help those who are less fortunate. This same school will ask for their own donations for various school projects.I have to admit if I were a parent whose children attended that school that my tax dollars help pay for, I might choose to send my child to another school if possible. Let me say this, I understand, Schools must have rules. As I said, the school should make a temporary, exception to their dress code until the donation of hair can be made. With so many other issues for schools to worry about, I just, don't see the need,  to split hairs over this particular issue. As always, my friends, these thoughts remain, just some words, to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment