Sunday, August 7, 2011

What Will Your Mansion Be Made Of?

  I heard a preacher tell this story recently. According to the story, two people who attended the same church for thirty years passed away at the same time.  It seems then in this case,  the angels check your name and you enter  by your last name alphabetically, therefore, Mrs. Jones was checked into Heaven first, while Mrs. Smith waited outside for the angels to  return and check her into Heaven. Now, while Mrs. Smith waited out side , she was able to see the beautiful sights in Heaven and many of Heaven's lovely mansions. Mrs.Smith observed, as the angels handed Mrs. Jones the key  to a marvelous mansion. Mrs. Smith then wondered what her mansion would be like. Finally, the angels returned, to check Mrs. Smith into Heaven. Mrs. Smith could hardly wait for the tour of Heaven to end, she really wanted to get the key  to her beautiful mansion. the tour came to an end but Mrs. Smith noticed that the angels led her to a different section  of Heaven, and in this section of Heaven, there  were  no mansions only several rows of  log cabins.  The  angels handed Mrs. Smith her  key and said, "okay Mrs Smith yours is the first cabin on the left enjoy! Mrs. Smith then asked the Angel, why she had to settle for a log cabin, while Mrs. Jones got to live in a beautiful mansion. The angel paused a moment, and then said, "I'm very sorry about this, but, we did our best with the building materials you sent up."
  The truth this story brings out is clear. If one claims to be a Christian that is, one who seeks to live by and follow the teachings o f Jesus Christ then you have to realize you will be be rewarded to some degree, for the quality of Christian life you choose to lead. I understand  full well  no one can be perfect myself included. I do believe however,  to some existent, the intent of my motives will be evaluated and I will be rewarded accordingly. Thus, even though I realize, this story, is only a story, if the story were true, I often wonder what kind of mansion is my life building? The Bible does speak of gold , silver and precious stones, and wood, hay, and stubble. I'm afraid my mansion will be made out of a combination of all of these. I wonder, how many Christians have  ever really considered   this?  As always, my friends, these thoughts remain, just some words to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment