Saturday, August 13, 2011

Should America Take God's Blessing For Granted?

  As a young boy, I enjoyed reading comic books. one of my favorite  heroes was Spider-Man. Peter Parker learns  a very important lesson when he becomes Spider-Man, the lesson is simply this,  with great power, comes great responsibility. I remembered this basic truth,  when I heard Governor Tim Pawlenty say,  that God, had richly blessed America but, with God's blessing come certain responsibilities.I believe the Governor, is correct.   The question then becomes, can America expect God's continued blessing I am not so sure. It seems to me,  that America as a nation hasn't really sought God's opinion on anything lately, much less his blessing. On those rare occasions, when God is acknowledged, political lip service seems to be the only real recognition he is given. I must confess to you, as a Christian sadly, that all to often this is true in my own life. If I am completely honest I'd have to say, more often than not I receive God's blessings not because of me but rather,  in spite of me.The same I think can be said of America in recent days.
  I believe, if America expects God's continued blessings, then  America must accept  the responsibilities that come with those blessings. America must recommit herself,  to the Godly principals upon which she was founded. I believe should America choose not to do this, then, God's blessing will become strangely absent and  America will one day, cease  to exist as a nation. As always, my friends, these thoughts remain, just some words to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment