Saturday, March 31, 2012

640 Million Now That's Lotsa' Money!

  I heard on the news today someone  in the great states of Maryland, Illinois, and Kansas had matching lottery numbers and will now split a huge 640 million dollar pot which even after the government takes their fair share will still be more money then I'll ever see in my life time. Speaking just for my self,  As a Christian,  I choose not to play the lottery it is a form of gambling and I was raised not to gamble at least not for money.
  I will confess,  I have often wondered what would happen if a Christian, did decide to play the lottery and  just happened to win a huge  jack pot of several millions of dollars? When the Christian,  lottery winner went back to their local church would the pastor  or minister go to them and ask for a contribution to build a new wing on their church? I don't know, but I can not say for sure that it would not happen!
  I would offer one piece of advice to all you hard working middle class lottery players out there,if by some chance,  you win the lottery and become rich beyond your wildest dreams, just remember,  once you become rich,  you will become the enemy of President Obama, and all the left leaning liberals. I'm sure the government will see to it that you pay your fair share. Hey but don't worry,  even if your only left with a couple of million to spend or invest that is still more money than most of us will ever see. I'm sure however,  if you do win the lottery and have some lottery winnings to spend I'm sure President Obama, can always suggest some green energy solar companies,  you could invest in if it doesn't go bankrupt two minutes after you invest  in it! As always, my friends, these thoughts remain, just, some words, to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment