Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Politicians Promises, Do They Mean Anything?

  Sometimes,  it's really hard to know who to listen to these days. President Obama's promises of hope and change have left this many in this country in a hopeless economic situation and the only real change for many is a financial situation that has gone from bad to worse!I listen to the promises each of the GOP presidential nominees make and I wonder if their promises are just words that may sound wonderful but in reality,  may  mean nothing.
  Governor Romney,  promises,  to revive  the nations weakened economy and show everybody how to get rich quick. Why is it  though,  that I have my doubts that he can really do that? Speaker Gingrich, promises big ideas like two dollar and fifty cents for a gallon of gas, the only problem it seems is that his campaign is about to run out of gas! Senator Santorum,  promises,  conservative values and yet,  he has a history of voting for expensive government ear marks and expensive government programs like No Child Left Behind? I think if he is not real careful his campaign may just  get  left behind! Congressman Paul, promises that if he is elected President,  he will see to it that America, will get out of everywhere and just mind America's own business. Some how I think he's just giving me the business!I think it would be very hard to get a lot of America's business done with out some major help from some other key countries after all, America, is part of a global economy.
  I don't know if any politician's promises can every really be believed. When comes to politics and the promises made by politicians I often remember these lines from Shakespeare's Macbeth "It is often a tale told by an idiot full of sound fury signifying nothing!" as always, my friends, these thoughts remain, just, some words, to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment