Sunday, April 1, 2012

Some Things Are Gained And Lost Over Time.

  Have you ever noticed how some things really go down hill or how every thing you've got seems to all break down at the same time? I don't know what it's like at your house, but in the last week my coffee maker broke my screen door blew off because of a storm, two light bulbs burned out, and the speakers on my computer just gave out.Why is it that things all seem to break down all at the same time? I tell you sometimes I think it's some kind of retail conspiracy designed to assure the makers of various products that you will have to come back eventually. I often feel the same way when I see my doctor. I often ask myself, why can't he give me enough medicine to take care of my problem with just one visit? I don't know about you but in my case it usually takes about three doctor visits to finally deal with whatever the problem or situation may be.
  I guess,  this is not really that unusual I am getting older and I can assure you, there are things I could do five years a go that I can't do nearly as well now and not as long either because if I try to do some of the things I did just five years a go with the same intensity, I'll have to wait for the screaming to stop!I suppose that's just the way it is you spend about 25 years growing and building your body up and then you watch over the next forty five years or so as old age and  gravity gradually break your body down it seems one's health and certain of life's conveniences are both gained and lost gradually, over time.
  The same can be said about a great  nation like America, it took a revolution and about 200 years to build this nation;s government based on laws that promote  religious  tolerance and the basic idea that all men and women are granted certain liberties by God. I have noticed however since the early sixties any influence that promotes  a belief  in the Bible,  God,  or prayer has been over the years slowly  taken out of the public arena. Today Catholics,  must provide free contraception for the women employees who work for them Tomorrow, the government will decide that the word Catholic,  must be removed from any of their hospitals and their  other charitable organizations. Today, Stony Brook University, can decide not to recognize  religious holidays in the name of political correctness and fairness,  tomorrow the government may ban the holidays of Christmas and Easter all together. Today,  you are free to go to your particular house of worship and practice your faith as you choose, tomorrow, the government may decide to tell you what church you will go to and what you will believe that is if the government decides you need to go to church at all! Today the government the ultimate tax man demands the rich pay their fair share. Tomorrow, the Government will take all the money and property from Americans, and then the government will decide if anyone gets a share at all! The new law regarding health care if allowed to stand will demand that every one but into it and once you do the government will decide who will be treated, who will be treated first, and who will be allowed to live and die. How does all this happen? The answer is quite simple it happens,  when good men and women are lulled to sleep by false political promises and even good Christians,  have for too long remained silent. We gained our freedoms and religious liberty gradually, over time and we are loosing them the same way  I pray many patriotic Christians,  everywhere will wake up and speak out before it's too late! As always, my friends, these thoughts remain, just, some words, to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment