Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Getting Down To The Nitty Gritty!

  Today the GOP  presidential candidates venture into the deep south in search of delegates. The southern  states of Alabama, and Mississippi will vote in their respective primaries today. Governor Romney,  has nothing to lose he only hopes to add to his delegate lead. Congressman Ron Paul, is just staying in the race to please his supporters and continue carrying  out his own personal crusade for freedom from government tyranny and constitutional liberty for all Americans. Senator Rick Santorum,  hopes too pick up a substantial amount of delegates in order to prove he is the true conservative alternative to Governor Romney. I would have to say for Speaker Newt Gingrich, this is his last stand he must win at least one state and do pretty well in the other in order to make the case to his supporters that he still has a shot for the Republican Presidential nomination. Right now,  in both Mississippi and Alabama the polls say it's just too close to call.
  I don't know who the real winner will be today. I will say this, I wish Governor Romney,  would not call these southern primaries an away game. The Governor would do well to remember that he is now a way down south in Dixie  and to  many in the deep south Governor Romney, is still just a northern Yankee. The truth is, I don't care which one of these candidates has ate the most varieties of grits I will be happy if America ends up with a candidate that has real true grit. I hope one of the candidates will rise above the Grit and grime of politics and concentrate on the real substantive issues that are facing all Americans,  right now. Americas certainly have much to be concerned about everything from an uncertain economic future to national security concerns in the middle east that threaten the very existence of the world as we know it. Gas prices show no signs of coming down and in more than one American home that I know of often even if your lucky enough to have a job your take home pay won't take you home! Let's just say I think we need to get  down to the nitty gritty and worry about the things that are  vital for the economic social, spiritual and cultural survival of this nation.
  I don't know who will win in the southern primaries today. There seems to be a real possibility that the GOP presidential candidate race could go all the way to the convention in Tampa. There is one thing I am sure of however, any one  of the  Republican candidates would make a better president than President Obama, has been thus far. Goodness knows, I don't think anyone could do much worse therefore, even if my particular Republican presidential candidate does not receive the nomination for president I will grit my teeth and go ahead and vote for whoever does  because  any one  of these choices are far better than what Americans have now. As always, my friends, these thoughts remain, just, some words, to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment