Monday, March 5, 2012

Mind Over Matter

  There is a prevailing wisdom concerning the 2012 presidential election that is really starting to annoy me. I'm really getting tired of the media or various political pundits trying to do my thinking for me when it comes to who I should vote for for the Republican nomination for president here is what I mean. I think sometimes in this country Americans,  are losing the ability to think for themselves and make up there own mind. Sometimes,  I think we as  Americans, just turn off  our  ability to think and we have a tendency to  just accept what the media tells us to think.Right now,  much of the media has all but given the Republican nomination for president to Governor Mitt Romney,  and the votes for super Tuesday have not even been cast yet. My point,  is simply  this American voter,  if you truly feel that Governor Mitt Romney,  is your best choice for the Republican nomination then vote for him. As an American voter,  if you think Newt Gingrich,  represents your values, then vote for him.As a voter,  if you find Senator Rick Santorum, is more in line with what you believe then by all means vote for him. There are those,  who value personal liberty and if that is what matters to you as a voter,  then vote for Ron Paul.
  Speaking just for my self,  I refuse to vote for any one just because the media tells me to. I refuse to vote for some one just because, they are wealthy, or they have men of wealth and influence endorsing them. I would really like to know something , since when did the American people relinquish their right to think and make Donald Trump God? Look, I'm not knocking personal success, and I know  America's economy needs help but sometime I think it really doesn't matter what any candidate may believe if they have enough money, and all the right political connections, and the political backing of the Republican establishment their election is all but automatic.I simply feel,  that this should not be the case. Look, if all you need is money to run for president then what the American people are saying is it's okay to buy my vote as long as you promise me your money will give me everything I as a voter want. I would ask my fellow Americans, can your vote be bought so easily?
  Remember Abraham Lincoln? He was a lot of things but rich wasn't one of them. He was called honest Abe. Let me ask you, when was the last time in recent history that you heard of  any politician referred to as honest? Look all I am saying is this I would hope America's Republican nominees for president are chosen by the American people because they are men of personal integrity and moral decency. I hope I as an American voter,  don't find my self voting for Governor Romney,  just because that is the only choice I as a voter am left with and I am forced to conclude that I must vote for him if only because he can't do any worse than President Obama. I hope my conscience will permit me to vote for the next Republican nominee because they they are  good men of moral principal and not just because They were   the richest and I was left vote for some one not necessarily because I liked everything about them but, because I disliked President Obama more. There is one thing I do know,  I will never vote for any one just because the media or the rich and powerful tell me I have to because there is no other choice. When the day comes, that I as an American voter begin to feel that way, that may be the time I stay home and refuse to vote because I value the right to think for my self and I think most Americans do too. As Americans,  we should never give up our right to think and make our own choices to any one. as always, my friends, these thoughts remain, just, some words, to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment