Sunday, March 11, 2012

Sometimes, Inorance Really Is Bliss

  I found my self just trying to back up some files today on my computer and you would have thought it was rocket science or something. I tried and tried but I just couldn't do it. I finally called my best friend and he talked me through it. I will confess to you,  there is still much about computers in general that I am just ignorant about and sometimes my little girl seems to know more than I do!
  Computers,  are great when they work. There is just a ton of information you can find out all at your finger tips however,  therer  is some information I don't want my daughter to know at least, not just yet. I heard on the news this week that some children were curious about where babies come from. Instead of bothering to ask their parents they simply Googled that question on their parents computer. I 'm sure they received a wealth of information complete with pictures!
  My daughter,  is nine and just a year ago she still believed in Santa Clause, I know children mature and ask questions at different ages. When my daughter,  begins to ask about the birds and the bees that is a conversation my wife and I will have with her. There is such a big hurry to grow children up these days and I'm not in that big of a hurry! I don't know about others but as for me I have made up my mind that no computer is going to do for me what I feel is a parent's job to do. We live in an age where society demands children grow up too fast I always stay very aware of  what ever my child is doing when she is on the computer. I don't let her go anywhere I don't want her to I want to hang on to her innocence as long as I can. I don't think that makes me a bad person or a bad parent. You know parents,  really are a childs' first teacher. That's a job I want to keep a bit longer. as always, my friends, these thoughts remain, just some words to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment