Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Keeping The Faith

  Like many of you, I'm hearing a lot of concern,  about the fact,  that Mitt Romney is a Mormon. I know even as I write this blog, some of you who read it may not agree with me. I promised myself when I started this blog that I would not let that possibility,  keep me from truthfully,  expressing my feelings,  on any subject. Therefore, I shall dive right in! I took a very close look at America's Constitution. I found nothing in the Constitution that said you couldn't be elected President if you were a Mormon. I found that the Constitution allows everyone to worship and exercise their personal faith as they see fit as long as they don't use the power of government to force their beliefs on others. Thus,  I have come to this conclusion, as long as,  Mitt Romney does not use the office of the Presidency,  as a means to convert everyone to Mormonism then,  I believe Mitt Romney could still be an  effective President. I am not a Roman Catholic but many people feel,  that John F Kenedy was a good President. He certainly keep us safe during the Cuban missille crisis in 1962. and even those who did not vote for him still were able to weep for him and his family when he was assassinated on November 22, 1963. President Richard M Nixon was a Quaker and I don't recall him forcing anybody in America to become a Quaker.Even today, many still consider President Nixon as a good President particularly in the area of  forign policy dispite,  the fact he was impeached as a result of the Watergate scandle.
  I will borrow a phase from President Nixon. Let me make one thing perfectly clear, I do not in any way,  agree with the doctrinal positions of the Mormon faith. I don't agree with many of the doctrines of the Catholic Church, Having said that, I still believe an individual can still be an effective President. I know there are those who will say,'I won't vote for a Mormon and that is your right. All I know for sure is If I am put in a position where I either vote for Mitt Romney or choose to not vote at all and thus,  help guarentee President Obama's reelection I will most certainly vote for Mitt Romney because the way I see it anyone of the present Republican canidates would still be a better choice for the future of America than President Obama. Always remember,each one of us,  as Americans,  may have to make this same choice. I hope and pray  if that is the case, that Americans will choose wisely. As always, my friends, these thoughts remain, just some words,  to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment