Sunday, October 23, 2011

The Cain Mutiny

Like many of you, I'm looking over,  each of the Republican candidates. As I consider,   Herman Cain,  I take into account,  that Mr. Cain is not a seasoned  politician. I'm not sure if  I totally understand his nine nine, nine plan. I do know this however, Mr. Cain,  can not afford to go into the Iowa caucus with at best, a luke warm position,  on abortion. I know this because,  I have family that live in Iowa. I can assure you of this, Iowa is filled with many small close knit comunities and many of the the folks who live there will tell you right away they consider abortion  in most cases,  to be murder. I think they realize however, that they have to make certain exceptions in cases where the life of the mother may be at risk. I think,  in cases of rape or incest they would encourge adoption rather than abortion if it is at all possible. I do think,   they would make alowences in cases of rape or incest because I think,  most folks realize your not going to get a bill past that would not allow these particular exceptions. One thing is sure, the folks in Iowa have a firm position on the issue of abortion. Herman Cain better find a way to make his position on the practice of abortion very clear in the minds of Iowa voters and he better do it fast!
  You can bet, that this issue,  will be front and center in the next debate,  and if  Mr. cain is perceived, as being weak when comes to taking a firm stand on the issue of  abortion,  you can rest assured,  the other candidates will use it,  to their own political advantage in fact, they already are. Look, I know Mr. Cain does not have a lot of pollitical experience but if he intends to win in Iowa, he better be,  a quick study! Saying that you are personally, against abortion is not good enough,  you must convince the folks in Iowa,  that you will seek to do what ever you can to hopefully,  over turn Row v Wade one day. Taking a position that is anthing less than that,  will most certainly guarntee a defeat for Herman Cain in Iowa, and he will then experiene the cain mutiny. as always, my friends, these thoughts remain, just, some words, to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment