Sunday, October 16, 2011

Just put It On My Credit Card.

  Like many Americans, I have a credit card. Let's face it sometimes they do come in handy. I began to think about just how easy it can be to get into debt. The fact is,  it's almost too easy. Let me ask you something suppose just for the sake of argument, I had a Visa or Master Card and let's say, I had a balance of  five hundred dollars on both the Visa and the Master Card.Now, let's suppose I deiced, to call up both credit card companies and tell them to give me unlimited credit, Let's say, I told both companies, they didn't have to worry about the amount of charges that I had already racked up or any charges I may make in the future because I had made a deal with my daughter and she said she would pay off all of my charges,  however much they were,  when she turned eighteen. Now, let me ask you,  how far do you think this conversation would go before both companies laughed and hung up the phone?
  Okay, in many respects,  this illustration is totally silly but, is it? I would submit to you,  that this is exactly, what our government is doing with our national debt. The national debt right now is pretty close to fifteen trillion dollars. I can't even imagine counting out that much money. The government now is operating at or near one hundred percent of our G D P that for those who may not know, stands for gross national product.Right now, our government is spending far more than it is able to take in, in fact, the government now borrows forty cents of every dollar our government spends. Don't worry too much though, our government has worked out a deal with all the countries we owe money to. What is that deal you ask? It's very simple, our children and grand children and maybe even, our great great grand children have all been put up as a type of collateral against the debt. See, no worries just live for today take care of your future who cares if it makes you literally destroy  any economic future your children and those who come after them might have had. Here is more good news, the national debt if  left uncheck1ed,  is projected to grow another six trillion dollars in the next four years. but after all,  it's just a few more trillion who's counting?
  I know by now,  you see the problem, but how do we as Americans get our government to see the problem? Maybe,  a protest should start up demanding a balanced budget amendment. One thing is sure if my daughter expects to grow up in the same America I did, then our government must stop saying just put it on our children's credit card! As always, my friends, these thoughts remain, just some words to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment