Monday, October 17, 2011

Gripes About Flying The Stars And Stripes

  I'm going  to tell you right now, I love my country, and I am very patriotic and I fly  the American flag every chance I get! I heard,  in the news today, A man named Sean May was fired from a hotel chain called Casa Monica simply because he would not take off  his American flag pin. The hotel says,  it is their  policy for their employees not to wear  any sort of pins or badges or anything that could be seen as controversial or political.The hotel management says, they have this policy to avoid offending anyone. Well let me tell you, now, I'm offended! I think this policy at this hotel goes far beyond stupid!
  Right now, as I write this blog,  we have brave American men and women fighting and dying defending this nations honor which our flag represents. I can assure you,  if that policy remains in affect,  at the Casa Monica hotel chain I would never stay there and that goes for any other hotels there may be,  with similar policies.
I have family,  that have fought for this country and I know many who may read this blog have lost loved ones because they answered,  when their country called them. I think if you fought to defend this country you have a right to fly the American flag on your own property as much as you want to!
  I saw the Wall Street protesters on the news last night. They had a rock band of sorts, and the singer and I use that word loosely, was yelling and screaming and cussing America in fact,  the language was so profane all they could put on the air  was just the word, America because every word the singer said after that was so profane they had to bleep it out!
  So,  let me get this straight, one guy gets fired for wearing an American flag pin, and another can scream and yell and basically, cuss out America all in  the name of freedom of speech. Let me ask you? Is it just me,  or is something seriously messed up here. The employee who was fired is going to fight this policy I suppose, this will be settled in court. Personally,  I hope the employee who was fired wins the case. Speaking just for myself,  I love my country. I am proud to be an American. I love the American flag, long may it wave!  As always, my friends, these words remain, just some words, to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment