Monday, October 10, 2011

Is There Another Cancer Growing On The Presidency?

  I have always enjoyed, keeping up with things that I feel  will  have historical meaning. Even as a thirteen year old boy. I remember watching the Watergate hearings with keen interest.I remember, when I heard former, White House Counsel to President Nixon John Dean testify,  at the Watergate hearings that he had warned President Nixon months earlier,  that a cancer was growing on the Presidency. President Nixon later resigned in August of 1974. John was charged,  with obstruction of justice and served four months in prison along with a great number of other members of  President Nixon's administration.
  Well,  it occurs to me, that there is another cancer growing on the Presidency. Each day the drumbeat calling for Attorney General to resign seems to be getting louder. I may be wrong but I can assure you of one thing, President Obama may stand by his Attorney General for now, but if a direct link can be established between the ATF and the Attorney Generals office regarding operation Fast and Furious I think President Obama will be almost, forced to fire Attorney General Holder if only,  because, he doesn't want any connection to be made directly to the Oval Office and the President.
  Remember,  Watergate was basically,  about covering up a break in,  to a Democratic headquarters in an ill fated attempt,  to gain some kind of political advantage and thus,  benefit President Nixon's  reelection campaign in1972. To the best of my knowledge, nobody was killed. and those who say that operation Fast and Furious is not as big of a deal as Watergate was, I would simply ask you to tell that,  to the friends and family of  Brian Terry a good man,  who was guilty of nothing, and who died because he dared,  to do  his duty and guard the boarder. I really don't know at this point,  where this investigation will end up but, if President Obama is not careful, well, let's just say, there could be another cancer growing on the Presidency. As always, my friends, these thoughts remain, just some words, to think on.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment