Friday, October 28, 2011

The Breck Girl, Will Stand Trial.

  By now no doubt many of  you have heard in the news that the former Democratic candidate John Edwards will stand trial on charges that he used campaign money  from at least two big contributors for hush money to keep a lid on the fact,  he was having an affair  and was  the father,  of the child his mistress,  was carrying. I remember, when John Edwards was running, Rush Limbaugh called John Edwards the  Breck girl because he was so proud of  his perfectly combed hair. Well, let's just say, I think the odds that John Edwards won't be found  guilty and thus,  do some jail time is hanging by a hair!
  I heard Bill O'Reilly say,  last night he was nearly one hundred percent sure, that Edwards will do some jail time. On the other hand,  I heard  out spoken liberal,  Bob Beckel say,  that since Edwards, was a rich white guy,  he probably wouldn't do any jail time.
  Speaking for myself, I hope he does some time. Look, I know Edwards, is not the first politician to have affair, certainly, John F. Kennedy had affairs even if the were largely keep out of the press at that time. Former President Clinton had various affairs both  before he was in the White House and during his time as President. Therefore,  to be sure, this is nothing new. I find this particular affair however, disgusting on a whole new level.
  When I think about the fact,  that John Edwards tried to make someone on his campaign staff say,  he was the father,  of  the baby John Edwards mistress was carrying,  and all the while,  his wife is dying of cancer. Well, let's just say,  I don't feel sorry for him. John Edwards, used to say when he was campaigning, that there were two America's one,  for the rich which he was, and one for the poor.  He always said,  he was fighting for the poor. even though he was a very wealthy lawyer. As I think of John Edwards, the only thing he was poor in, was character.  As always, my friends, these thoughts remain, just, some words, to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment