Sunday, April 22, 2012

The Equal Opportunity Appointment.

  My daughter,  woke me from a sound sleep this morning, and told me her stomach was hurting. She said she could not really describe the pain, and she said her stomach had never hurt quite like the way it was hurting now. Suddenly, I forgot all about any sleep that I had lost. I wondered if she was having an appendicitis attack and although she is only ten, my wife was hoping she wasn't experiencing the trials that come with puberty too soon. Thankfully, as it turned out my daughter was suffering from a good old fashioned stomach ache probably brought on from eating too much pizza and popcorn from the night before. I thought to myself, isn't it amazing how your whole world  stops, and time seemingly, stands still when you think some one you love may be in  some kind of danger where their health is concerned? It's funny, how nothing else matters to you, until you know that the person you care about is all right.
  My mother will turn 87,  this month, I now that her time is very short and that each day she lives especially now is a precious gift from God. You know,  the truth is, any day that any one may live is a gift from God. My father, died from cancer three years ago he did however manage to live to be almost 84,  and I still miss him. Last week, the press and the media, were all talking about the untimely death of American Bandstand legend  and TV game show host and TV producer Dick Clark. Dick Clark,  died of a heart attack at the age of 82. Without question, Dick Clark, was a radio, and television  all American,  icon. I read on the Internet that when he died,  he had a personal fortune worth several millions of dollars. I then, thought to myself, here was a man who had fame and money and untold influence yet in the end he died and left it all. I then realized  all the fame or money in the world can not buy you even one more moment of life when death comes and God,  decides a person's time on earth is at an end. The Bible,  says, in Hebrews 4 : 27 that each person, has a set appointment  with death a specific time set by God,  alone when each person will die and after this? The judgement,  on each persons life which God,  alone will make, how very important then, to receive Christ,  as one's  personal  savior,  while one,  is still living here on earth. I have found that death, has a no discrimination policy in fact I marvel sometimes,at just how much death does not discriminate. Death,  doesn't care if your rich or poor very young or very old, very famous or totally unknown, a wealthy and powerful king or a penniless pauper. The truth is, when the time comes for a person to die that is one appointment each person will keep. I know when a person dies, they are often called  the late Mr. or  Mrs. so and so but I know that death is one appoint some may show up early for but death is definitely an equal opportunity  appointment no one will be late for. I am so glad I am ready for my appointment with death. I pray that all who may read this blog, will make make sure they are ready for their appointment with death when God,  decides their appointed time has come, As always, my friends, these thoughts remain, just, some words, to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment