Thursday, April 5, 2012

The Dog Ate My home work, Just Ain't Gonna Get It!

  You know in 1971,  I was eleven years old. I stood before a Judge because I was about to be adopted into a wonderful Christian home. I remember our lawyer told us that the judge was detained in his chambers and would be a little late. Our lawyer then offered to send someone to the judges chambers to see just how long the judge was going to be detained. I spoke up and told our lawyer please let's not rush the judge. I was only eleven at the time but our lawyer was so impressed with my words of caution he told my prospective parents,"This young  man is wise beyond his years!" I may have been only eleven but even I knew you didn't want to make a judge  mad by rushing him especially, when he's about to rule on your case.
  I will submit to you, I was surprised that President Obama,  felt it wise to call into question the authority of the Supreme Court, to rule on the constitutionality of  the Obama health care law. Now, this is just me, but I would think the last thing President Obama, would want to do is up set the judges on the Supreme Court especially when making them mad just may tempt them to rule against him. Judges are human too and they have feelings something President Obama, would have done will to remember.
  Apparently, US 5th Circuit of Appeals Judge Jerry Smith, was not amused by the President's,  remarks and he has given Attorney General Eric Holder's Justice Department,   a bit of a legal homework assignment. Judge Smith, ordered the Justice Department to provide a no less than three page single spaced letter out lining specifically what the judicial roll  of the Supreme Court,  is as defined by  the Constitution of the United States. I imagine the Justice Department,  will comply and have this homework Assignment done by Thursday at noon Houston,  time. With the mood Judge Smith,  appears to be in lately, I have a feeling if Attorney General  Eric Holder,  or some other representative from the Justice department should show up on Thursday at noon Houston time with out the completed letter that was assigned as home work, I just have a feeling telling Judge Smith, "Your honor, the dog ate my home work."  Call me crazy, but I just got a feeling that just ain't gonna get it! As always, my friends, these thoughts remain, just, some words, to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment