Thursday, April 12, 2012

Before You Open Your Mouth, Be Sure To Engage Your Brain!

  My father gave me a good piece of advice just about the time I turned sixteen. Like many young men at sixteen, I was quite sure I knew just about everything in life that was worth knowing. I often made jokes and smart remarks when I found some one I thought was rather uninformed about just how knowledgeable I was at sixteen.On one occasion, I mouthed   off to my Dad, and he said, "Son, remember, before you open your mouth be sure to engage your brain." I admit, I still still speak before I think sometimes,  but I do try to remember my dad's advice
  My dad's words of wisdom came back into my mind the moment I heard Democratic strategist, and DNC adviser Hilary Rosen, say on the news that Governor Mitt Romney's wife Ann Romney, had never actually never worked a day in her life.You can bet,the President's reelection campaign staff wishes Hilary Rosen,  would have made sure your brain was engaged before she opened her mouth. I would submit to Hilary,   Rosen, that raising five children is hard work. I wonder if she would care to try to do it while at the same time dealing with multiple sclerosis and breast cancer?  I have a hard enough time raising my daughter and dealing with cerebral palsy. I wonder how many nights of sleep Ann Romney,   lost over the years because she was caring for children who were sick. I wonder how many times Ann Romney, became sick herself because she tried to comfort her sick children when they were young. I'll just bet that happened more than once. I would submit to Hilary, Rosen, that raising five children is hard for any mother, raising five children while dealing with multiple sclerosis and breast cancer  that is a task that at times can be almost impossible.I would suggest to President Obama's reelection campaign staff perhaps they should  seek another advisor . I'm not at all sure miss Rosen's advice will help them. I would advise Hilary Rosen, to make an all out effort to keep her foot out of her mouth.I would suggest that consider taking my dad's advice.When I consider the political wisdom of Hilary Rosen, I am reminded of an old Chinese proverb, "Better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to open one's mouth and absolutely remove all doubt! As always, my friends, these thoughts  remain, just some words to think on.

1 comment: