Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Can't I Have Compassion And A Balanced Budget?

  Recently,  a person in my neighborhood who is a committed liberal said to me, "If you were a real Christian,  you would want the Obama, law to stay in place.He then asked me after all didn't Jesus heal the sick? I said yes he did but, he also asked, in Luke chapter 14 verse 28" If a man wishes to build a tower, doth he not sit down and count the cost to see if he has enough to money to build it? I admit that is not a word for word quote but that is the general meaning of Luke 14 verse 28.
  As a Christian,and as a person who has had to deal with cerebral palsy from birth believe me I know what it is like to need health care.I have compassion for the poor for I am one of them. I realize however, that Obama care if it goes into full affect in 2014 will further bankrupt this already struggling nation The latest report seems to indicate that Obama care,  will add 530 billion dollars to the nation's deficit. I suppose to some that doesn't seem like much since the nation is already 15 trillion dollars in debt. As a conservative and a Christian, I must balance compassion with a certain amount of financial responsibility. I realize if our nation goes broke and has an economic collapse  then everyone will be poor and there will be no help of any kind for anyone. Think of it this way, no one will be able to remain healthy, if our nation's economy and the budget deficit, remain unhealthy.As always, my friends,these thoughts remain, just,  some words, to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment