Monday, April 9, 2012

A Cup Of Cold Water

  My wife is from the Philippines. Recently,  a friend of hers who is also from the Philippines,  came to our house with a problem. She wanted to ask the phone company if they could send her a new cell phone she has full filled her contract and she was ready for an upgrade. My wife,  and I listened while she told us how she went to the local office to ask about getting a different cell phone. The main office just referred her to their 800 number and didn't really bother to help her.I knew their was a language issue and my wife's friend didn't feel comfortable talking to the phone company by herself so my wife ask me if I would call the phone company on be half of her friend. I called the phone company and explained what my wife's friend need in fifteen minutes I resolved the whole situation and our friend from the Philippines was very happy. I think she thanked me at least ten times. I told her it was no problem but she said to me over and over again,  thank you for just taking the time to help me. I really appreciate it.

 I heard on the news that football  great Tim Tebow, spoke at some type of Easter Sunday service. I am glad he is out there using his platform as a football player to set a good example for the youth of America. I appreciate the fact that he realizes the fact that he is a role model. I admire the way he is humble and at the same time he doesn't apologize for his Christian,  faith. I think however, sometimes there is a tendency for other Christians to think I am not famous so what real difference can I make?
  The truth is there  are many Christians,  who go about their daily lives doing all sorts of good for their friends and neighbors but not everyone will know about and it won't be on the news or make the papers. God, always sees when a thoughtful deed is down for another in his name, I can assure you, no good deed a Christian,  does in God's name goes unnoticed or unrewarded.The Bible,  even says, in Matthew chapter ten verse forty two that if you give a cup of cold water to someone who is thirsty and in need such an act of kindness would not go unrewarded. The Bible, says in Matthew,  verse twenty five  verse forty that when we as Christians help another person in need it is the same as if you had helped Jesus,  himself personally.
  A person can quietly and thought fully live their life before others and others will see your good deeds and thus bring glory to God,  in Heaven,  and that is the only real reason a Christian,  should do anything and living ones life for  the good of others, indeed brings glory to God,  even if it doesn't make the news or no one reads about it  in the papers.A true Christian,  doesn't need to wear a bright neon sign saying,look at me I'm a Christian. I can assure you when a person seeks to live his life for the benefit of others it doesn't take people very long to see who the Christians are. As always, my friends, these thoughts remain, just, some words, to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment