Saturday, April 21, 2012

I Just Love Getting Free Stuff!

  I suppose it's only natural, to enjoy receiving something for free. I know that often times it doesn't even have to be that much. I often go to a local grocery store.I see the adds in the grocery store. My wife just loves those sales that are buy one get one free, so much so that she may buy something we don't even need on a particular day just because it was free.
  I heard on the news recently apparently, the city of Sanford, in Seminole County Florida, received three million dollars in government stimulus money from the Department of Energy, I guess Energy Secretary  Steven Chu,  has plenty of money to give to any state or county that ask for it. The officials in Sanford Florida,  were able to use all but 145.000 dollars of the government money since they could not think of anything else  to do with the remaining 145.000 dollars the Sanford,  city officials sought to give the left over  stimulus money back to the government. Would you believe it? The government would not take it so the officials decided to use the left over government stimulus money to give each resident of Sanford Florida,  a free energy kit which basically meant everyone got free high efficiency light bulbs along with what ever else came with the energy kits the news reporter said the residents of Sanford, were very happy and the news reporter ended the report be saying the folks in Sanford just love getting free stuff.
  I have to tell you,  that kind of thinking is what is wrong in this country, too many people think that if they get something from the government, that it is free. I remember the first rule of basic economics,  nobody gets a free lunch it may be free for one person but some one somewhere paid for it the folks art Sanford,  need to remember that any government stimulus money no matter what department it may come from that money is not free American taxpayers provided that stimulus money. What really troubles me is an ever increasing attitude in this country that every thing in this country should be free for everybody.I promise you that kind of thinking will one guarantee that everyone in this country will be equally broke. Tell me something, what's fair about that? As always my friends, these thoughts remain, just, some words, to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment