Thursday, April 26, 2012

America's New Drug.

  As  a person who has a handicap and is now disabled, I can tell you the constant pain I live with is quite a challenge. I take certain prescribed medications but most of the time all they do  is make the pain a little less and maybe just a bit easier to cope with. My doctor often says,  I could take other medicines that are stronger but if I did I would sleep most of the time and my doctor says I could easily become dependant on them. I want to be alert and be aware of what is happening in my life and I don't want to become totally dependant on any drug just to function.
  I find, lately in America, many Americans,  are becoming dependant on a new kind of drug. What is this new drug? America's new drug of choice is not something that you'll find in any pharmacy. I believe many Americans,  start taking this new drug because they really need it and it makes the day to day struggles of life much easier to cope with and this new drug helps many Americans,  to function and maintain a fulfilled life. I'm afraid like most drugs however,   this new drug has some terrible side affects if you take too much of it for too long many Americans, will find themselves addicted to it and as a result they will lose the will to think for themselves or use their own initiative  or creativity eventually, I fear that many Americans,  may lose all sense of self reliance because this new drug is so powerful many Americans,  will lose their ability to think  without it.. What is this new drug you ask? The answer is simple, America's  new  drug is government. You see many Americans,  may need this drug from time to time to get through a truly difficult time in their lives, You know, like when you loose your job and you need some unemployment or some food stamps to help you get by until you can find a job and improve your situation. I have noticed however,  that many in America, have become  addicted to the drug of government so addicted they don't even look for jobs anymore. The new drug of government just keeps many Americans, so  totally dependant on it by providing endless weeks of food stamps, unemployment checks and in some cases,  even those who don't need this drug are just lining up to get it. I know of at least one person who said to me that they figured out how to get almost anything they needed thanks to this wonderful drug called government. I suppose that's true this drug called government can really take over your life and do everything for you if you let it This new drug called government,  will give you food stamps, unemployment checks and   in many cases,  a place to live, free health care,  free or nearly free education and all the liberal pushers ask in return is for Americans,  to remain dependant on the drug of government for their day to day existence and to vote for them when election time comes around. I have just one question, what happens when the drug of government runs out? I wonder where all those who have become so dependant on the drug of government will go or what they will do to obtain another fix of the drug of government to function and survive? I pray Americans,  will seek to get off the drug of government and soon so we may never need to find out the answer to this question. as always, my friends, these thoughts remain, just, some words, to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment