Sunday, April 8, 2012

We Sorrow Not.

  I recently told my nine year old daughter that I was almost fifty two now and I was getting older.I then ask her knowing we are a Christian,  family and she goes to a private Christian,  school, was she sure she had asked Jesus into her heart to be her saviour.I asked if she understood that she was a sinner and that Jesus died for her sins and then again I asked if she had accepted Jesus,  into her heart. I was so pleased when she said, " Oh yes daddy, my teacher in first grade told me about Jesus an how he died  and rose again on the third day and I thanked Jesus, for dying on the cross for my sins, and asked him into my heart to be my saviour so I could be with him in Heaven. I can't tell you how happy I was to know she clearly understood the message of the gospel and the plan of salvation I was so happy she knew Jesus was her personal saviour.She asked me why I had asked her did she realize mommy and daddy would die some day she said yes,I then said,  "Well, daddy, just wanted to be sure that if mommy and I die hopefully, that is still quite a few years from now, but if we die we know we will all meet in Heaven one day and we'll meet you one day, when you get there." "Oh! she said, "Daddy, that's a good thing to know!" I said, it sure is honey! She then paused and asked, "Isn't that what Easter is really all about?"I told her that's exactly, what Easter is all about because Jesus Christ,  the son of God,  rose from the dead those who believe in him and have accepted him as their saviour from sin their earthly body may die here on earth but their soul will live for ever with Jesus for ever along with all their love ones who have died  and gone to Heaven before them.
  I share this message with you today  because I feel so very sorry for those who consider themselves, to be atheist. The saddest funeral  I could ever attend is one where I could not say I knew the person was saved and on their way to Heaven. You see, an atheist,  has no hope of ever seeing their loved ones again and all that is waiting for them is an eternity separated from the presents and the love of God , which means all the have to look forward to is everlasting darkness and real sorrow. Christians, have the blessed hope, we shall see Jesus, that is why, in  first, Thessalonians,chapter four verse thirteen  Paul says,  "We sorrow not even as others who have no hope." I am so happy as a parent,  to know when I and my wife die and go to Heaven we shall see Jesus and we shall see all the saints and our loved ones who have gone on before us and we can die knowing for sure we shall meet our daughter one day in Heaven as a Christian and as a parent my friend when you think of the real meaning of Easter is their any greater joy than this? I think not. As always, my friends, these thoughts remain, just, some words, to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment