Monday, January 30, 2012

The Search For Truth.

  You know, I have to tell you, there are certain aspects of  politics that I find very frustrating. Sometimes, I find my self searching for truth.This search usually ends up as a choice between which politician is the most truthful or which politician does the least amount of  lying.  Here is what I mean, on one hand conservatives say, we  need to have a person of  high standards with good morals and family values.This all sounds wonderful then the campaigning begins and these very same conservatives who are supposedly great men of personal faith honesty and virtue all take turns distorting other candidates records and in many cases what they say about other candidates they may be running against are out and out lies.
  As I see it, how can conservatives like Speaker Gingrich,  talk about running a honest and positive campaign, while at the same time run negative political adds that seem to imply that Governor Romney, acquired his wealth by questionable means? Speaker Gingrich, has converted to Catholicism, and I am glad he has found a personal faith he can believe in but I am sure the Catholic Church,  would frown on lying about another Candidates political record. Governor Romney,  I'm sure takes his Mormon faith very seriously, yet,  he can knowing mislead votes concerning Speaker Gingrich's record. I have to tell you I think Senator Santorum, has a point when he says a person's character can give you some idea what kind of president they will be. All I know for sure is, if  a politician  will lie to win a political primary race then they will most likely lie to the American people.
  Don't get me wrong I realize conservatives must defeat President Obama, on election day to save this country from economic madness but if the conservative candidates have to lie or distort another candidates record in order to win the republican presidential nomination,  I have to wonder sometimes are they that much different from the democrats or President Obama. As always, my friends, these thoughts remain, just, some words, to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment