Friday, January 20, 2012

God Will Forgive You But, The Media, Never Will!

  As I watched last night's republican presidential debate I was almost ready to throw one of my shoes at my TV set. I realize that CNN tends to lean to the political left, and  I know many in America, like to hear the latest gossip on any one.  I guess that has just become part of our culture. I have to say though,  when I heard John King, open last night's republican debate with what only can be described as personal gossip fit only  for the tabloids, I lost any respect I might have had for him both as a  news journalist and frankly as a human being!
  Look, I realize in politics character matters but to  open up a presidential debate by asking Speaker Newt Gingrich about certain remarks his former  wife said regarding their marriage which ended quite a few years ago now well,  not only was that below the belt and beyond the pale. but it was in extremely bad taste and totally unprofessional.When now Secretary of State,  Hilary Clinton, was running for president in 2008 she was asked about how she coped with former President Bill Clinton's admission of marital infidelity and she answered the question but you could tell she didn't  like the fact that the questin had been asked. To be fair,  I didn't like it when the media asked that question of  Hillary Clinton then, and I don't think ABC or John King of  CNN on ABC's behalf,  had any right to ask such a painful and personal question to Speaker Gingrich now.
  There is no rule or law anywhere, that I can find that says, in order to qualify to be president you have to have led a comepletly spottless and perfect life, and there is a good reason for that, because if theere were such  a rule no one could run! Speaker Gingrich,  has more than acknowledged the painful fact that he has made some mistakes in his life. He says he has come to grips with that, and has asked God to forgive him, that's enough for me.There is not one person my self included, who  can say, they haven't done things in their life at one time or another that they have now lived to regret. I would tell the liberal main stream media to remember that in essence, let him with out sin cast the first stone. I would say to Speaker Gingrich, yes,  Newt, God will, and has forgiven you but,  the liberal mainstream  media,  it seems, never will! as always, my friends, these thoughts remain, just, some words, to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment