Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Political Arena, Is No Place For Children.

  As I watched last night's  Republican debate,  I was pleased that it was far more spirited then some of the previous debates had been. I still wish that many of the candidates fighting for the Republican nomination for president would stop with the back and forth banter at times they remind me of spoiled children all fighting over some prized possession, but then again I guess the Republican nomination for president isn't exactly something five candidates can share. I was somewhat disappointed in Senator Rick Santorum, he seemed like a desperate man just looking for a fight with Governor Mitt Romney, yet, when he got his fight with Governor Romney, he seemed like an  unarmed boy. Congressmen Ron Paul, just seem to have one message. He seems to want America, to take care of America, and every other nation is on their own. I'm sure Iran , will be happy to hear that as they continue developing nuclear weapons to use against Israel  or the United States. Governor Mitt Romney,  did okay, but I expect the front runner to do much better than that! Governor Romney,  after all, has had five years to practice. His verbal exchanges with Senator Rick Santorum seemed rather petty, and childish. Governor Rick Perry, did pretty well given how far his debate skills have developed since his earlier debates but, I just think it's just too little too late for Governor Perry. I can only wonder what might have been for his presidential  run, if  he could have practiced his debate skills a  little better and a little sooner.There was one man at last nights debate that reminded me of a Roman gladiator. Speaker Newt Gingrich, came ready for battle and proved why he would destroy President Obama, in a debate. His wit, and command of the facts on any given subject was a marvel to watch. He literally ate  Juan William's lunch and I'll bet Juan Williams will think twice, before he accuses Newt Gingrich,  of being racially insensitive to the poor again.
  I don't know if  Speaker Gingrich, did enough last night to catch Governor Mitt Romney,  or not only the results on Saturday in North Carolina, will tell us that. Governor Romney,  would  do well to hire Speaker Gingrich, as a debate coach should he become the Republican Party's Nominee. I am confident of this and one thing remains very clear President Obama, will be ready for a debate and he will be like a lion ready to pounce on any timid or intellectually, weak  kneed candidate. Governor Romney,  will face the  political fight of his life should he win the Republican nomination.  I hope he doesn't make the mistake of underestimating President Obama, for that could be a politically fatal mistake, One thing Speaker Gingrich,  proved last night is, the Political arena,  is no place for intellectual children. as always,  my friends, these thoughts remain, just, some words, to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment