Sunday, January 8, 2012

Coming Up Short

  My wife came home last night and told me that her hours were going to be cut . I thought to my self well, that's sure a great way to start the new year! I was glad however that at least we didn't over spend for Christmas. I guess my life is going to be like a country song I heard some time ago the title was Too Much Month And Not Enough Money. Yes,  just like many Americana today,  my family will have to learn to live on less.  I suppose I could sell some things to make extra money or I could just cash advance the cash I need off of one of my handy dandy credit cards after all,  isn't that the way the government does it? The thing is when I use my credit card I just increase my debt and as we the people know all too well with credit cards,  payments must be made each month.The problem comes when one over extends one's self  on credit cards. the debt can become  so deep you may never get out! You  know,  kind of like our government which is now 16 trillion dollars in debt and the debt is still climbing. Unlike the government though I don't have my own money printer, and I don't have China's phone number and even if I did,  they probably wouldn't lend me any money  anyway. I'm sure,  I wouldn't like China's terms or conditions for a loan and I'm sure I couldn't pay their interest rate.
  So,  I guess my family and I just like most of the American people,  will just have to be financially responsible and  tighten our belts and learn to live on less or maybe even learn to live without some things,  Our grand parents and great grand parents did. I wonder when the government will learn how to do that? As always, my friends, these thoughts remain, just, some words, to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment