Wednesday, January 18, 2012

It Could be Worse?

  There's an old joke that talks about a patient who ran to the doctor complaining of a terrible headache. The patient told the doctor he had tried everything to rid himself of  the terrible headache and he told the doctor he would try anything to make the the pain of  his terrible headache go away. The doctor said to the patient, "You  should be glad all you have is a headache things could be a lot worse," " I don't care, said the patient just give me something to take my mind off this terrible pain in my head I'll try anything! Anything? asked the doctor, "Anything!  said,  the patient. The doctor than told the patient to take off his shoes the patient did as he was instructed.  The doctor then took a hammer and whacked the patients big toe on both feet. The patient screamed at the doctor."Doctor!" why did you do that for?" The Doctor asked,"How's your headache?" The patient thought a moment than said, "It doesn't hurt nearly as bad as my two big toes  do   but, now both my head and big toes hurt!" "You see, said the doctor I told you,  it could be worse."
  That old joke reminds me of  President Obama's standard response when he is asked about his failed economic policies and why things really,  haven't gotten much better economically,  in this county over the past three years. I mean, think about, it,  President Obama's economic policies, once the debt ceiling is increased, will have added four trillion dollars to the nations national debt. that four trillion dollars, is more debt than the first forty presidents accumulated combined. The country will be 16 trillion dollars in debt when the debt ceiling is raised. Things could be worse I guess. We could be fifty trillion dollars in debt, and if  things keep going as they are  just give us time and I'm sure the country's economic debt will get there. The nation's unemployment rate may  seem better on the service until you remove all those who were employed just for the holidays and than factor in all those who can only find part time work and count all those who left the workforce all together and have stopped looking for work. Once those folks start looking again,  the unemployment rate will most likely be near nine percent again. I guess things could be worse , the country could have twenty percent unemployment if  things keep going as they are however I feel quite confident, President Obama's,  failed economic policies will help this country get there. I heard just today he is going to say no to a Canadian firms application to build the Keystone XL pipe line that decision will cost the nation countless jobs. I'm sure,  the Unions,  will be very pleased. Iran, is close to  having nuclear weapons, it could be worse, they could be using them!  Give the President, a bit more time and I'm sure they will be.
  President Obama, is right in a way, things could be a lot worse in this county. He could be reelected in November, and should that happen that will be the worse thing that that could ever happen in this county. Yes indeed, my friends, if  President Obama,  some how manages to get reelected, things will be a lot worse and the resulting economic damage that will  do to this country I'm afraid, will be permanant. as always, my friends, these thoughts remain just,  some words, to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment