Thursday, September 1, 2011

Hand Up, Or Hand Out?

  America has a long history of giving to those in need.I am proud of the way,  America  quickly respones   to the needs of other countries. I remember how Americans were so willing,  to give the country of  Haiti a helping hand. Americans donated millions of dollars for disaster relief .I think of  Japan, I feel confident in saying,  we are still helping them recover from their recent disasters. Here at home,  America takes care of her own. If your unemployed,  we have seemingly,  endless, unemployment benefits. You need a place to live? Your in luck,  we have HUD or section eight housing all based on your income. If you already have a mortgage payment you can't make, no problem, the government is making it nearly, impossible,  for your home to go into, foreclosure I am told that process,  once begun,  still takes at least, a year. You need food ? We have food stamps You need transportation?  We have buses, and various other organizations that will see you get where you need to go. All of these government services are great! I am thankful we have them.
  Recently however, I heard Denis Miller say the following, 'America used to be a hand up nation but now, America has become more of a hand out nation.' I hate to say it, but, I believe Mr. Miller, speaks the truth! We have in this country,  right now, people who live together and choose not to marry, because they would have to do without their food stamps. We have people in this country,  right now,  who have no intention of seriously looking,  for work as long as their unemployment benefits hold out. I believe Donald Trump is correct when he says, America has become a debtor nation and economically, speaking, that makes America a deader, nation! Look, I'm all for helping someone out,  when they are truly,  in need. Americans have always answered the call when we have folks who are truly without, I believe America always will continue,  to answer the call of those in need, I  don't think however, that anyone who is healthy and could work, should expect to sign up for a lifetime of government hand outs! As always, my friends, these thoughts remain, just some words, to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment