Saturday, September 24, 2011

An Ounce Of Prevention?

  Last night My Daughter started getting a cold .I took action right away. I grabbed the cold medicine and sent her to bed. She seems better today,  and I am glad. I have to ask you however,  have you ever heard some of those medicine  commercials on television lately? I don't know sometimes I think the side affects, may be worse,  than the condition the medicine claims to cure. I saw one CLPD  medicine will help your breathing but, it may cause a man's prostrate to enlarge even more than it already is ouch! no thanks! I watched another medicine commercial, this one said the medicine would help your arthritis if,  you didn't mind the possibility of constipation,  or kidney failure wow, some choice! Another medicine promises to help you move with less pain but it will seriously lower, your immune system thanks,  but no thanks!
  I realize all medicines have side affects and I'm sure the side affects happen, only in a few isolated cases, I guess sometimes,  you really have to decide,  if the cause,  is worse than the cure. I do wonder however,  how is it,  that my grandmother lived to be 100 and all she had most of the time,  was  her own homemade remedies. Sometimes I think,  my grandmother,  knew more than a lot of doctors. Don't get me wrong,  medicine has it's place. I just find my self a lot more careful these days. I know,  that if I am not careful with the medicines I choose to take,  there is always the possibility that's the last choice I ever make! As always, my friends, these thoughts remain, just some words, to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment