Wednesday, September 21, 2011

I Left My Brain In San Francisco.

  I am so tired of certain Americans who seem to believe that somehow the American people caused what happened on nine eleven. Recently, on the Howard Stern Show singer Tony Bennett best known for the 1962 hit song I Left My Heart In San Francisco said, 'They flew the plane in but we caused it because we were bombing them and they told us to stop.'A few days later, on The View,  Mr. Bennett tried to explain his remarks but frankly, his words did little to clarify his remarks he had made on the Howard Stern  Show.
  Look,  I know, Mr. Bennett, is 85 now. I know he served in World War Two. I don't mind if he wants to be a pacifist,  because he hates the results of war. I have to tell you though, I think Mr. Bennett left more than his heart in San Francisco,  I think he left his brain as well. The United States may not be a perfect country but, the United States does not have a history of attacking Innocent men women and children for no reason. Yes,  iInnocent people often die in war,  but that is usually,  a tragic accident. What happened on nine eleven was no accident. This terrorist attack was planned, it was  cold, and deliberate.I am glad Mr. Bennett loves this country. I wish we could all live in peace. I would never ask, Mr. Bennett to stop using his freedom of speech. I would ask him to remember, that it is our brave men and women serving this country who fight the terrorist daily, so he can continue to use his freedom of speech. I would hope Mr. Bennett, would think about the  many families who lost loved ones on nine eleven. Maybe if Mr. Bennett, learns to weigh his words,  before he speaks, , he can leave his foot in San Francisco after he takes it out of his mouth! As always, my friends, these thoughts remain, just some words, to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment