Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Television Is Often, A Vast Wast Land.

  I usually, don't watch much television. I watch the news,  or maybe,  a History channel documentary and that's about it. Recently, I was channel surfing, just to see what my television had to offer. Well, on one channel, a sitcom was on the plot was very basic the dad was a moron, the kids were smart mouthed, mom was in charge but she let dad think he was. Dad was too stupid of course,  to know what mom was doing. The message was clear,  all men are stupid, I guess I didn't get that memo. On another channel,  I saw a program dedicated to finding out,  who fathered  different women's babies. First,  they had to find out,  who cheated on who, and how many cheaters there had been. Once they figured all that out,  they reveled who fathered whose baby. I thought, Isn't this wonderful,  then, I changed the channel. I found eight programs all dealing with going to some Judge's make believe court. Goodness,  I never knew so many people needed to sue somebody. I tried to find a decent movie to watch but they were either all  reruns,  or to stupid,  to watch in the first place. In the end, I just turned the television off.
  I guess, I really haven't watched much  television since the A-Team went off the air! I just haven't found anything beyond the news, or sports, that is worth watching. The so called, reality shows don't reflect any reality I've ever lived, and my life has somehow, managed to go on without knowing who won American Idol. Benjamin Franklin once said, 'Dost thou love life?' 'Then, do not waste time, for that is the stuff, that life, is made of.' I haven't gone to see a movie, or watched much television since the early eighties. In my opinion sadly, I haven't  missed all that much. As always, my friends, these thoughts remain, just some words, to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment