Sunday, September 4, 2011

Warning ! Ground Zero God Not Welcome Here.

  I recently went on U Tube and made myself,  watch recorded video clips of the events of September 11, 2001. I have to tell you,  seeing the terrible events of that day a fresh and anew, still,  filled me with shock and  intense anger. I know as Americans, after ten years there is a tendency to want to forget such tragic events. I have to admit to you,  the sight of watching helpless victims jump from the towers of the World trade Center while it was still standing well, let's put this way,  I have trouble sleeping sometimes once I see something,  I can never forget it.That's why I was so disappointed,  when New York Mayor,  Michael Bloomberg decided in his infinite wisdom,  that no Clergymen of any kind would be represented at the nine eleven Memorial next Sunday. As I consider this decision however,I have to say I'm not that surprised. As I see it, God hasn't been wanted or welcome in many aspects of American society for many years now.
  Sadly,  many Americans don't want God in any aspect of government, America kicked God out of the public school system along time ago now. I have to tell you, what scares me the most,  is that God,  many times,  is not even welcome in many of America's churches. Many preachers have watered down the consequences of sin, the reality of Hell, and you never hear real sermons on the holiness of God,  and the true need for righteous daily, living.In short, Americans may, have a form of godliness but, many times Americans deny God's existence either through their actions,  or over all indifference. I hope Mayor Bloomberg will reconsider his decision on allowing Clergy to be present at the nine eleven Memorial next Sunday, otherwise, the nine eleven Memorial will be just, one more place where God is not wanted or welcome. As always, my friends, these thoughts remain, just some words, to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment