Saturday, September 17, 2011

Does Anyone Tell The Truth Anymore?

  Remember what we used to learn in school? Remember the story about how George Washington said, 'I can not tell a lie,  I chopped down the cherry tree.' I remember stories I heard about good old honest Abe Lincoln. I read a story that said,  he once walked a mile to return a penny he owed to a customer because he had accidentally over charged her. I can not say,  for a fact,  that these stories are totally true, but I can say,  I wish I knew more honest people in our Government today.
  In the last few days we have learned about a solar company named Solyndra who it appears,  tried to lie about their financial stability. Now a government investigation has been launched to see who knew about the unstable condition of the company and when did they know it. Now, I hear,  that a four star general General William Shelton says, he was pressured,  to lie to Congress possibly,  to protect a huge Democratic donor I have to wonder,  does anyone in our government know how to tell the truth anymore? Is everyone in our government willing to lie,  cheat, steal and then cover it up, just for possible,  financial or political gain? I'm afraid the answer to that question may be a very sad, yes! Can we find honesty in our government? Frankly,  to be honest with you, I just don't know. As always, my friends, these thoughts remain, just some words, to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment