Thursday, September 29, 2011

If You Wanna Get Elected You Gota Pick A Pocket Or Two.

  Could someone please explain something to me? President Obama says, that his jobs bill will require the rich to pay their fair share. The President says, the rich are greedy and that many big corporate executives have way too many tax loopholes. Yes sir, those rich fat cats are just too selfish with their money! They shouldn't mind spreading the wealth around a little bit.It seems to me however, President Obama has no use for the rich until it's time to have a fund raiser to help him get reelected. His campaign staff is trying to raise one billion dollars. One of President Obama's fund raising dinners  cost 35000 dollars a plate! Hey, let me ask you something at 35000 dollars a plate do you suppose they were eating hamburgers and french fries? I doubt it! When I think of the way the President courts the rich to fill his campaign coffers, I  can't help thinking of a song from the 1969 musical Oliver called,  ' You Gotta Pick A Pocket Or Two.' I have noticed, the President has no problem picking the pocket of any wealthy potential campaign donor,  he can find. I also noticed, the President doesn;t seem to mind hanging around with the rich in fact, the President and Warren Buffett seem like old  friends!
  Thus, on one hand, the President is the defender of the poor but,  on the other hand,he has many rich friends. I guess if your going to pick a rich person's pocket, you have to at least appear,   to be their friend. I would remind the rich however, to remember,  these words of wisdom. The President may shake your hand  and treat you   just like a brother but remember, ,  he may shake your hand with his right hand but,   he's picking you pocket with the other!

No comments:

Post a Comment