Sunday, September 11, 2011

A Day To Remember;

  When my dad was still living,  I remember he told me exactly, where he was,  when he heard about the announcement,  about the attack on Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941.He was in high school,   and after he graduated he enlisted in the Navy. I am sure, you can remember where you were when you heard about the Kennedy assassination November 22, 1963.  September 11, 2001 has been called the modern day Pearl Habor. The day started out, ordinary enough but,  by the end of that day,  the World Trade Center would be turned to dust, and nearly, 3000 people would be  dead, and America had another, day to remember.
  I realize Americans will never forget,  what happened,  on nine eleven. Is it possible however, to forget some of the lessons nine eleven  should have taught us all, as Americans? I would submit to you,  the answer may be, yes. I often, wonder,  are America's churches as full as they were,  the first six months after the attack on nine eleven? Somehow, I doubt it .I find in many churches,  the truth of the Bible,  has been so watered down,  not only does it not offend anyone, it doesn't save anyone either! We may sing, God Bless America, but there are many places in America,  where God is not wanted, or welcome including, today,  at the nine eleven memorial. Mayor, Michal Bloomberg would not let any clergy attend so no aspect of faith,  could be represented. I'm afraid, the truth is for most Americans life will go on as normal tomorrow, so normal infact, we just won't have time to remember the spiritual lessons God is till trying to teach America, the spiritual lessons nine elevn should have taught us all. If Americans will  repent,   and choose to acknowledge God in their daily lives, then God will once again, bless this nation, and that too,  will be a day to remember. As always, my friends, these thoughts remain, just some words, to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment