Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Money Or Morality

  As I heard the primary results in Michigan and Arizona, I could not help but consider if America,  may be making a choice of money over morality. Here is what I mean. While I agree that any of the remaining Republican presidential nominees would be better than what America has now, and while I understand America, has many problems to solve, it seems to me that Americans  are  going to choose to put moral social issues on the back burner once again and concentrate on jobs and the over all economic recovery of this nation. Senator Rick Santorum, is concerned not only with America's struggling economy but also her moral foundation.As I see it all of America's present problems like the lack of jobs and a sluggish economy and over all global uncertainty as far as America's national security is concerned these problems are more less just symptoms of America's real problem. What is that you may ask? The answer is simple over the past sixty years or so the liberals in this county have reinterpreted  America's constitution. liberals have slowly over the past sixty years or so have redefined the phase separation of church and state to mean separation Of God from America's spiritual and social conscience.
  I took just a few moments last night to consider just how much the America,  I have known has changed in the last forty years. When I was in public  elementary school would you believe students were permitted to meet at the school flag pole for devotions and a time of prayer?You sure can't do that now! When I was growing up I knew everybody in my neighborhood and I could walk any where in my neighbor hood even if it was late on many a summer's night and I felt perfectly safe and many of my neighbors didn't even feel the need to lock their doors. I lock all my doors at night now though. Kids can't even go to school these days because if they do the run the risk of being abducted or shot! Have you really seen what's on television these days and the values that are being promoted over the pubic airwaves? I can assure you of this programs like Jersey Shore or Desperate House Wives are not contributing anything that will encourage a sense of general decency and morality in the minds of America's youth. Have you listened to America's pop music lately? Wow I heard a song just yesterday that talked about treating young women like prostitutes and killing cops. Wow! no music I ever listened to when I was Growing up encouraged any one to do that!
  The truth is a more conservative approach may help fix some of America's economic problems but that is really just a temporary band aid. What America really needs only God can do America needs a spiritual revolution and a moral rebirth. If God is to bless America, and restore her to true greatness there must be a change in the hearts of the American people. The people must decide to return to the moral principals that this country was built on. God has been patently waiting  for many years now America better make up her mind soon I know this much  God's patience is not with out limit and his spirit shall not always strive with the American people. As always my friends, these thoughts remain, just,  some words,  to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment