Monday, February 20, 2012

The Last American President?

  Last evening I was helping my daughter with her homework. She had what I thought was a great deal to memorize. I marveled as she recited a rather long passage of scripture after only a few minutes of study. Her mind is so sharp and her memory is truly amazing. Suddenly my wife said." our daughter is so smart she may grow up and be president someday." My daughter,  then asked me," Do you think I could dad?"  I told her anything is possible in  America, if  you want it bad enough and your willing to work for it. My daughter,  soon headed for bed and I thought about what she had asked me and what I had told her.America, has always been a country of limitless opportunity When you think about it America,  has truly been blessed by the leadership of some truly great presidents George Washington, was the perfect choice to be  America's first president. He truly was the father of our country and he was a born leader.  He understood the importance of a limited government, Thomas Jefferson, is credited with drafting the Declaration of Independence.  James Madison, is often called the father of America's constitution. During the Civil War  President  Lincoln, helped hold our country together at a time when many thought the country would be riped a part.
  President Ronald Reagan's leadership literally revitalized America,  after some tough economic times in America,  in the mid seventies..Who will ever forget the steady and strong leadership of President George Bush, the morning of September 11, 2001? Yes,  In America,  anything is possible Hilary Clinton,  nearly became America's first woman president. Former Alaska governor Sarah Palin, came very close to being America's first vice president.something that was first attempted by Geraldine Ferraro, in 1984. President John F Kennedy's leadership saved America,  from the Cuban Missile Crisis in 1962.America,  has always been a nation where anything can happen and anything is possible and in 2009 Barach Obama, became America's first African American president. Regarless of what anyone may think of  his political policies his election was truly historic and would have been thought vertually impossible fourty five years ago during the politically turbulent perid of the nineteen sixties. America has indeed been a country endless dreams and possibilities.
  I find myself wondering however, if this will always be the case. in recent days America,  has been a nation in moral economic and even political decline especially in the area of true leadership. President Obama, seems content to economically strangle this country so much so that my daughter may not have the blessings and opertunities that I have had. America, was once both feared and respected by every mayjor nation around the world. These days, however America still has the greatest military the world and has a military might not seen since the days of the Roman Empire yet, President Obama, constantly apologizes for America,and his basic lack of  leadership has made America a laughing stock, even now countries like Iran and Egypt, Syria, and   Lybia,  all mock America,  as all these countries watch as America, bows down to China and begs China to carry America's economic debt.America was once a nation that not only believed in God but was a nation that was not ashamed to seek his wisdom and ask for his guidence. America,  in recent days seems content to give God only political lipservice while at the same time mocking God with the very policies that now put in to practice in this country. Some ecomomic experts and many give America,  less than twenty years to survive as acountry if America remains on her present path of moral ,political and Economic decay. I hope my daughter will always live in a country where she could one day become president if she wanted to. America as it stands now is a nation in decline in many ways only a shadow of her former self And Faith in God at times is nothing more than a meaningless political pladitude.I pray my daughter has the chance to be president one day if she wants to. I have a greater worry to consider however, I don't know how long America, will stand as a free and independant nation and I don't know who will be America's last president. I only know that if America, doesn't return to moral , political spiritual and economic sanity and soon, Americans may see the day when we elect our last president. As always, my friends, thwese thoughts remain just, some words, to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment