Monday, February 6, 2012

Some Things Are Worth More Than Money.

  Last night, I found myself up late and unable to sleep. I turned on the television to the History channel. I watched a show about  a family that ran a pawn shop. I must admit it was pretty interesting to see some of the items people would bring in to sell. I was particularly interested in the early American history items. I felt bad because,  I don't have a lot of rare or interesting items and I would love to have some thing valuable to keep and collect and pass along to future generations. Then something occurred to me that I hadn't thought of  before.There are some things in life, that are worth more than money and each  every American in this country right now  has something so valuable it is indeed,  worth more than money. What is this priceless possession that each American in this county has? The answer is your American citizenship.
  Now,  I realize to some,  their US citizenship may seem like no big deal. I have even heard some on the liberal left ask, "What's so great about being an American?"If  by some chance, you don't see the true value of your US citizenship consider this, each day our American boarder is on constant alert because each day citizens from other countries   try to slip pass boarder guards in an attempt to gain access in to this country. Almost every day on the Internet especially on the social net works people from all over the globe,  try to enter into  on line relationships in an attempt to find an avenue to get to America. Why? There are many reasons but perhaps two of the most important are freedom, and a chance for social and economic advancement. The truth is , what ever faults or imperfections America,  may have as a nation, America,  still represents the best chance for  economic opportunity and a better life  in this  world. When I think about the fact that I was fortunate enough to be born in America, I realize there is nothing I would trade in exchange for my US citizenship. You see, to me, having the privilege of  being a citizen of the United States of America,  is worth far more than money. as always my friends, these thoughts remain just some words,  to think on

No comments:

Post a Comment