Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Dying To Go To School

  No doubt,  by now  if your like me,  you have seen on the news the terrible school shooting in Chardon, Ohio. Since yesterday,  this tragedy,   has claimed yet another victim. I don't know about you but I hugged my little girl four times yesterday and told her I loved her. I was so thankful  that at least for now,  I was able to send her to a private Christian school. I know tragedies  like what happened at Chardon Ohio can happen even at a private Christian School .I guess I just feel a bit safer because I know everyone else who happens to go there. I found my self asking this question. How does this happen? What is going to have to be done to prevent such tragedies  like The shooting at Chardon, from happening again? Is every student who goes to school going to have to pass through a medal detector like you do when you go through security at an airport? Is every student going to have to be padded down and searched for weapons before they can come into a school building or even a school parking lot?
  One thing is clear,  something will have to be done. I know that some will bulk at the idea of being padded down and searched some will feel that is a violation of there civil liberties and the ACLU may have a field day if every student in America who attends any type of school has to be searched before they would be allowed to enter But, I would ask you what else can be done to prevent school shootings like the most recent one at Chardon Ohio? Parents should not feel like they are putting the children's life in danger just because they send them to school and not every parent can home school their children  so what is the solution to this situation? I will confess to you I don't know but I have a feeling that surveillance  cameras and armed guards may one day be very common when parents send there children to school. One thing I do know is this sending your children to school should not be a death sentence I pray a reasonable  solution to this problem can be found to  keep our students safe while they are in school  and soon. As always my friends, these thoughts remain, just,  some words, to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment