Monday, February 27, 2012

Pain At The Pump As Gas Prices Jump!

  My wife just got back from the gas station ouch! it has;t been too long since our last trip and the gas is ten cents more than it was just three days a go nationally,  gas is 3.69 cents a gallon and there are places where folks  are paying nearly five dollars a gallon and there is talk of six dollars a gallon by Labor Day. Hey let me ask you something which do you think will go higher the price of gas or President Obama's job disapproval rating? Oh well,  I guess every cloud has a silver  lining! Seriously though, have you ever wondered what would happen in this country if suddenly gas was too high electricity was too high heating oil was too high food cost were too high oh wait a minute they already are. Sometimes,  I wonder if America would be better off if we were forced to live like some Amish friends of mine. The Amish, grow there own food, ride horses or use a horse and buggy so there are no gas problems too worry about. The Amish use wood to heat there homes I must admit I love a good old wood stove or fire place Oil lamps furnish light. The Amish have their own doctors and home remedies. The Amish,  don't seem to need television or a telephone or even a computer. When I ask them if they wish they had these conveniences that most in America could not do without they simply say they have all they need and you don;t miss what you never had.. I think of this a lot like a blind person if the power goes out now who has the advantage? The blind have no need to have light to see for they have learned to see by using there other senses again one does not miss what one has never had.
  I am not suggesting that America needs to go back about a hundred and fifty years or so but if every thing in this county keeps going up who knows I mean if you can't pay for gas you will walk or ride a bike or even use horses right? Food is really getting high who knows people may soon have to grow their own I wonder how many folks in America besides the farmers would know how? All I am saying is this if America doesn't get her  economic act together and deal with her massive debt and if Those in the government don't learn to live with in America's means we may all be living like the Amish sooner than we may think! As always, my friends, these thoughts remain, just, some words, to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment