Saturday, September 22, 2012

To Eat Or Not To Eat? Why Ask The Question?

  Just when you think it's safe to set down and eat something some group of scientist some where sit down and conducts  a food  study find something in the food sample that disturbs them and suddenly simple food people have been eating for thousands of years is some how suddenly bad for you and your told you shouldn't eat it. Well it seems, that rice in any form is bad for you. Apparently, it contains arsenic in it. As it turns out rice has always had a certain level of arsenic in it but someone some where has suddenly,  concluded that the levels of arsenic are too high . Therefore if you eat too much rice in a given day you could be poisoning your self
  Well all I know is this my wife is from the Philippines,  and she has been eating rice almost from the day she was born. I think  she would die if she was told she couldn't eat rice. I guess my family and I, could stop eating rice but knowing my wife  some how,  I just don't see that happening so I guess my wife will just keep eating rice. I enjoy red meat I love steak and hamburgers I don't think I would even want to eat if I couldn't eat the things I enjoy eating. All I know is this if the doctor told me that by giving up red meat I might live to be ninety or more but if I didn't I might only live to be eighty I probably would choose to eat red meat and live to be eighty.
  My point is simple what good is it to live to be a hundred if you can't eat the things you like to eat? I may die sooner than some because I eat too much red meat. My wife may die sooner than some because she eats too much rice. What ever the case may be both my wife and I have decided if we die sooner than some so be it I 'm eating my steaks and hamburgers and she's going to eat her rice and if that choice condemns  us both to an earlier death than some well, I guess we as condemned people will enjoy our last meals and die happy! As always, my friends, these thoughts remain, just, some words, to think on!

No comments:

Post a Comment