Sunday, September 2, 2012

Long May It Wave At Least, Every Five Years!

  I found myself watching Fox and Friends,  early this morning and I have to tell you sometimes,  I just don't know what goes on in  the heads of some of the citizens who live in this country. Apparently,  if I have the story right, it seems,  some folks,  on the city council in Amherst Massachusetts, have decided to only fly the American flag,  commemorating the terrorist attack on this country on nine eleven only once every five years! Apparently, there are certain council members in Amherst Massachusetts, who feel that our flag incites and therefore,  causes terrorism! so the majority of the citizens of Amherst, only think the fallen fireman and policeman and the nearly 3000 fellow citizens are only worth  remembering by flying the US flag only once every five years.
  Wow! This kind of neanderthal thinking just makes me sick! and the city fireman there in Amherst and the policeman aren't too happy about the city council's decision and who can blame them? Sometimes,  I think the police and fire departments of Amherst Massachusetts, should only respond when they are called upon by the good citizens of Amherst,  only once every five years! The fire and police departments could  justify these actions by saying it's just too expensive for the city to have to have the fire department to put out fires or for the police to stop crimes and catch criminals so often  so therefore,  both of these departments concluded that the structures and good citizens of Amherst Massachusetts, were only worth saving once every five years!
  I realize,  this is kind of thinking, is ridiculous but the feeling isn't We already have people in this county who don't want citizens to sing The Star Spangled Banner,  at ballgames any more and these same people don't want citizens praying before the games either. I can only say I love this nations flag and if I want to wave it on my own property I"M GONNA WAVE IT! that's what American freedom is all about if our citizens can ask our  policeman and fire departments and national guard and our military to protect us and in many cases die in the process of protecting  us and our freedom to fly Old Glory,  then anyone should be able to fly our flag proudly on there own property or in the city square that the police and fire departments in particular, protect. Yes I am a patriot and I love  Old  Glory. She is a grand old flag a high flying flag unless at half  staff to honor those who have fallen but when she is flying high I say, long  and for ever in peace may it wave! As always,  my friends, these thoughts remain, just,  some words,  to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment