Saturday, September 29, 2012

Daddy, What Kind Of America, Will I Grow Up In?

  I can not brag of too many great accomplishments in my life. Sadly,  if I were honest perhaps I would have to admit I'm not that smart and I'm not that talented and some people through out my life in the name of being totally honest with me have taken it upon themselves to remind me just how average and ordinary I am. I don't mind really, I'd be the first person to tell you there is nothing necessarily extraordinary about me. I have two things going for me though and I can really be thankful to God for. God,  has given me a very thoughtful wife and a very smart daughter. I know my daughter will accomplish much more in her life than I ever could.
  My daughter,  knows I like politics and she knows I love this country. She has heard me worry about this country especially when I explain to her that America, is 16 trillion dollars in debt. I try to explain that our government must do something about America's debt and soon because if our government leaders continue to do nothing very soon there may not be an America,  anymore at least not like the country I was blessed to grow up in. Recently as I was again explaining all of this to my daughter she stopped me and ask me, Daddy, what kind of America,  will I grow up in? I ask her why she asked such a question and then she said, I just thought if parents love their children won't they do anything they can to keep America,  a great place to grow up in?
  Now,  I ask you, what, could I say to that? I simply said yes if parents love their children they should do every thing they can to keep this country free and strong and a great place to grow up in just like it was when I was growing up. I am amazed that my daughter at the age of ten seems to have more wisdom and knows a great deal more than a lot of the do nothing liberals who freely take all the blessings this country has too offer but feel no obligation or responsibility whatsoever to give anything back for the next generation. Americans have a decision of destiny to make on election day in November. Americans, must decide if they want to reelect Obama, and  continue to take all the blessings from America,  with no feeling of responsibility to take any steps to put anything back in this nation or Americans, can  choose to elect Romney,  and choose to live a bit more fiscally and economically responsibly. As Americans,  consider which presidential candidate to vote for perhaps, they should consider what kind of America, will they leave for their children to grow up in. As always, my friends, these thoughts remain,  just,  some words, to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment